Even when summer is wrapping you in its warm embrace and putting a smile on everyone’s face, it’s not a bad time to look ahead to the winter months. Preparation for winter is the best way to ensure you’re ready to face the cold temperatures from the comfort of a warm home. As much as you don’t want to think about winter, Allen Service encourages you to prepare for the cold with Windsor, Colorado furnace installation.
Addressing Furnace Lifespans
Most consumers are unaware of the average lifespan on a furnace. It’s not a simple question to answer, but it is important to provide homeowners with general knowledge so they can avoid emergency repairs or costly, last-second Windsor, Colorado furnace installation. The average furnace built, sold, and installed in America in the last 20 years is capable of a lifespan of 15 to 20 years. What factors contribute to a shorter lifespan?
- Improper maintenance: ignoring the routine maintenance needs of your furnace can shorten the lifespan of the unit by putting it under unnecessary stress.
- Improper unit: some homes don’t even have the right model in place to properly provide heat for the square footage of the home. Smaller units heating larger homes have short lifespans because they work harder to heat a big space.
- Unknown care: if you’ve recently purchased a home, you may not know much about the maintenance schedule the furnace has undergone in the past. Failing to have a tune up completed can exacerbate this issue and shorten the lifespan of the unit.
Common Problems that Lead to Furnace Repairs
There’s a big difference between a routine checkup and having to have repairs done on your furnace. Routine checkups clean and prep the system, while repairs fix problems caused by a lack of maintenance over time. Common problems that many homeowners face include:
- Furnace does not provide enough heat
- Frequent cycling from on to off
- Blower continuously running
- Furnace is too noisy
- No heat comes out at all
- Dirty filters
- Pilot light/electric ignition problems
In each of these scenarios, you should turn to Allen Service as your most reliable Windsor, CO HVAC company.
At Allen Service, we provide a wide range of offerings for our customers. Our services include the installation, maintenance, and repair of humidifiers, air-quality control systems, thermostats, and carbon monoxide detectors. As an authorized dealer of Amana and Goodman models, we also offer full-service Windsor, Colorado furnace installation on units ranging from boilers to geothermal and hybrid heating systems.
Give Us a Call Today
Allen Service customer representatives are standing by to answer your questions over the phone. We can help answer basic questions, schedule routine maintenance visits with our certified technicians, and even get you on the schedule for same-day appointments to make emergency repairs to your furnace.